Hello and welcome to the website of Oscillicraft! From floaty chillout to filthy freeform, it's all here, but whatever always a mind expanding musical journey.
Dreampsyker and Quantum Marble Maze
Well I kept this quiet for a while but here's a surprise. A new EP which also happens to be the soundtrack to possibly the world's only quantum physics browser game!
imBassile: the live dnb project
I have recently started playing live drum'n'bass! Psytrance continues, on the side... I'm still making and djing it, but the live stuff is dnb now. It works better that way.
Check out this youtube playlist with some samples :-)
My current psy project involves writing a collection of deep, hard, fullon yet progressive psy.
Update: a fair bit of this is now on , amazon and of course, spotify.
You can also stream it from youtube or my facebook page here. Also there's now a video here!
My older material is hosted here. It's a cross between chillout and dancefloor material - dancable if you want to, but not in a compelling pounding way! Genres vary considerably throughout - the idea was to create a musical journey.
(Official) sets I have played as Oscillicraft:
- Wentworth Bar, York, February 2006
- CLUD 4: Battlepsy Galactica, Clwb Ifor Bach (The Welsh Club), Cardiff, February 2009
- Triban Spring Gathering, Coed Hills rural artspace, Cowbridge, May 2009
- CLUD 6: The Crystal Daze, Clwb Ifor Bach (The Welsh Club), Cardiff, November 2009
- The Globe at Hay-On-Wye, October 2010
- Levitation festival, Tony's Art Gallery, Cardiff, November 2010
- Processed, Koko Gorillaz, Cardiff, January 2011
- CLUD 7: Alice in Spangleland, Clwb Ifor Bach (The Welsh Club), Cardiff, May 2011
- Barsha/Asylum, Koko Gorillaz, Cardiff, July 2011
- Watusi festival, September 2011
- Levitation V, somewhere in the vale, September 2011
- Levitation ?, Full Moon Club, Cardiff 2012
- Levitation ??, somewhere in a warehouse
- There might have been one on a mountain somewhere ...
- ...and a field. There was definitely a field :-)
Oscillicraft sets tend to be a mixture of my own and other material - mainly psytrance, though with some occasional extra randomness. I have recently been adding to the recorded music with my so-called squelch slinky, an instrument made from nintendo wii controllers (photos to come soon). I also play interactive chillout as Psydeshow Bob, or as one half of Bobtickle Illusion, in addition to occasionally running improvisation workshops.
I get musical ideas in all sorts of places. The cover of Thrillpsyker is a picture I took of moonrise over the Glacier Blanc, while bivying on a pile of rocks and before climbing the Barre Noire Coulire and Traverse of the Barre des Ecrins (in other words, a long day out mountaineering!). The bivi site is where I wrote the tune of the same name, in the form of text messages saved in the outbox of my friend Tom's phone. Here's a couple of other pictures relating to inspiring moments, from a few years back...
I also have a page of slightly more random
Bookings: please get in touch through the bandcamp page.